Stay with us and find New Year's fun all around the area! Here are a few happenings to check out to get 2020 started off right.
Hendersonville's Apple Rise: The 4th Annual New Year’s Eve celebration at Historic Downtown Hendersonville's Historic Courthouse includes a family celebration at 6pm with a countdown to the Greenwich Mean Time (London) midnight (7pm local time). Starting at 11pm is the official Apple Rise ceremony, which leads up to the local midnight New Year celebration. Noisemakers, glow sticks and hot beverages will be given out while supplies last, plus a DJ will play the top hits of 2019, and warming stations, corn hole and giant jenga games will be available to help to pass the hour.
NYE Party at the Grove Arcade in Asheville:
- Jazz music by Asheville band, Red Echo Lab and Justice Mann of Shabidukah
- Fine hors d'oeuvres (vegetarian options available)
- Apothecary Style Craft Cocktails Curated by Jonny Burritt, 2019 NC Restaurant & Lodging Association Bartender of the Year, and the Bar Manager at Antidote and Drink Mixologist at The Chemist
- Photo booth with themed costumes
- Grove Arcade transformed and decorated to feel like the 1920s
Tryon, NC: The quaint little town of Tryon has a New Year's ball drop at 10 PM. Their "Midnight Tryon" street party runs 7-10 PM. Free and kid friendly. Also, check out Tryon Resort & Intl Equestrian Center events here.
Season’s at Highland Lake Inn: New Year's Eve 4-course dinner, 5-9 PM, $85/person. New Year's Day buffet 11:30 AM-2:30 PM, $27.95/adult. Flat Rock.
Biltmore Estate: Biltmore Estate is open on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day and will still be decorated for the holidays. But tickets and make restaurant reservations NOW before they sell out.